i. To develop entrepreneurs in small ruminant sector
ii. To develop the sustainable business model on sheep-goat
iii. To incentivize Individuals Entrepreneurs, FPOs, FCOs, SHGs, JLGs, and Section 8 companies for development of integrated rural sheep-goat production system.
iv. Conversion of the small ruminant sector from unorganised sector to organised sector through promotion of entrepreneurship & investment and creation of forward & backward linkages
v. Spreading awareness about scientific rearing practices, nutrition, disease prevention etc
vi. Promotion of stall feeding model of sheep and goat rearing.
1. Creation of entrepreneurs through one-time capital subsidy to Individuals/ Self Help Group (SHG)/Framers Producer organizations (FPO)/Farmers Cooperatives (FCOs)/Joint Liability Groups (JLGs) and Section 8 companies.
3. The Entrepreneurs / Eligible Entities can establish sheep and goat breeding unit with minimum 500 females and 25 males. The sheep and goat unit to be established with the High Genetic Variety used for producing Goat milk, meet and fine wool quality. The breed of sheep and goat can be selected from the list provided with this guideline or in consultation with the State Government.
4. The Central Government will provide up to 50% back ended subsidy for the capital cost of the project.
5. The Entrepreneurs / Eligible Entities need to arrange the remaining amount through bank loan or from the financial institution or self-financing
6. Indicative list of components for which the funding for subsidy can be availed is at
of operational guidelines.
50% capital subsidy up to Rs. 50 lakh in two instalments. Subsidy will be the capital subsidy and provided in two equal instalments.
Subsidy will be the capital subsidy and provided in two equal instalments. First instalment will be released upfront to the scheduled bank or financial institutions like NCDC etc. by SIDBI to be credited to the Entrepreneur/ Eligible Entities’ account after the bank or financial institution releases First Instalment of loan to the beneficiary and its confirmation by State Implementing Agency. Beneficiaries will be eligible for release of the second instalment by SIDBI after completion of the project and certified so by the State Implementing Agency.
In case of the self-financing project, the project needs to be appraised by the bank where the Entrepreneurs/ Eligible Entity have account. The first instalment of 50% subsidy will be provided into the lending bank by SIDBI where the beneficiary has account. The subsidy will be released only when the beneficiary has made expenditure of 25% cost for the project towards infrastructure and has been verified by the State Implementing Agency. Remaining amount of 50% subsidy will be provided y SIDBI after completion of the project and verified by State Implementing Agency.
The Entrepreneurs / Eligible Entities interested in taking benefit under the entrepreneurship project in self-financing mode, need to provide Bank Guarantee from the scheduled bank valid for three years for the remaining cost of the project beyond the cost of subsidy sought for support. This Bank Guarantee shall be provided in the name of the Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying. The original Bank Guarantee is to be kept in the safe custody of the State Implementing Agency. Also a copy of the Bank Guarantee and a declaration form need to be uploaded in the online portal at the submission of the application or to be attached with the application. The Format of the Bank Guarantee and declaration has been annexed with the guidelines.
No subsidy will be provided for working capital, personal vehicle, purchase of land, cost for rent and lease of land
FPOs/FCOs/SHG/JLG/Individuals/ Section 8 companies
State Implementing Agency of State Animal Husbandry Department, DAHD, MoFNLM, GOI.
Entrepreneurs/ Eligible Entities shall also meet the criteria as specified at para 5.3 above.
State Implementing agency will follow up the project for the period of 2 years after completion with regards to its operation.